- No purchase or entry fee is necessary.
- The contest is open to all legal Mississippi hunters. Certain prizes require contestants to be above a certain age (determined by nature of prize and/or sponsor). If an individual qualifies for a prize for which he/she doesn’t meet the age requirement, the prize then reverts to the next runner up of qualifying age. Individuals under 21 years of age may sign a prize waiver transferring the right to claim prizes to an adult/legal guardian at time of entry. Entrants 20 years or younger are not eligible for select random prizes. (See item 27)
- All contests are open to the general public except for employees, agents, owners and affiliates of New South Radio, Inc., dba WUSJ (US96.3), WJXN (100.9 The Legend) and The Radio People (“STATION”) and its fellow sponsors of this contest, their immediate families, and household members of all of the above.
- An individual may win this and other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest.
- The contest will begin on October 1st, 2016 and run through February 15, 2017. The contest may be entered by any legal hunter whose harvest was killed within the state of Mississippi by legal means. No deer killed outside of the state of Mississippi is eligible. Any entries for the youth category that are questionable due to the ability of the child to aim and shoot a weapon without adult help will be disqualified at the sponsors’ discretion.
- a.) All entries of whitetail deer, with the exception of 6. b.) must be done at an official WUSJ (US96.3) and WJXN (100.9 The Legend) and Mississippi Sportsman scoring locations. Individuals may enter the contest at and have their whitetail deer scored only at Official US 96.3 and 100.9 The Legend and Mississippi Sportsman scoring locations:
i. Dan Heasley Taxidermy – 12310 Hwy 18, Raymond, MS; 601-857-0077
ii. Deviney Rental and Supply – 2173 Hwy 51 North, Madison, MS; 601-859-0020
- The contest may be entered by any legal hunter whose harvest was killed within the state of Mississippi by legal means. No deer killed outside the state of Mississippi is eligible. Participating scoring locations must use an official WUSJ (US96.3), WJXN (100.9 The Legend) and Mississippi Sportsman entry sheet. A Boone & Crockett green gross form signed by an official Magnolia Records or Boone & Crockett scorer may be submitted with the official entry sheet.
- Prizes will be awarded based on Boone and Crockett gross green scores with no deductions. Prizes will be awarded to the top four (4) scoring entries in the following classes: Male Firearm, Female Firearm and Youth Firearm; Men’s Archery, Female Archery, Youth Archery, Male Crossbow and Female Crossbow.
*NOTE: Youth Classes are determined as children under the age of 16 (15 years of age and under) at the time of harvest who do not require a Mississippi Hunting license.
- In the event of a tie or malfunction, the winner will be determined by a random drawing conducted by the station and sponsor(s). The person conducting the contest will determine all winners, and their decision shall be final. WJXN (100.9 The Legend), WUSJ (US96.3) and sponsors are not responsible for any human error which may occur in the drawing process.
- All State, local, Federal and/or other taxes, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win prize/prizes valued at or over $600 will be issued an IRS form 1099 to report their winnings and will be given a W-9 for completion at the time of winning.
- All prizes are awarded “as is.” Gifts are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged unless otherwise noted.
- New South Radio, Inc., dba The Radio People WJXN (100.9 The Legend) and WUSJ (US96.3) shall not be responsible for the terms and conditions or failure of participating sponsors to deliver prizes as promised.
- All entrants and winners agree that New South Radio, Inc., dba The Radio People WJXN (100.9 The Legend) and WUSJ (US96.3) their employees, owners, successors and assigns and the listed contest sponsors shall have no liability and shall be held harmless for any injury, misfortune, loss, claim, expense or damage to either persons or property as a result of entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest or by the use or non-use of any prize received.
- All category prizes must be claimed during the end of contest awards finale or in person at the appropriate sponsor location during regular business hours and within ten business days after the awards banquet. After such time, ownership of the said prize reverts back to the contest sponsor to be disposed of at their discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
- All firearm prizes are subject to prevailing local, state and national gun control laws. If the winner of a firearm is disqualified or illegally prohibited from owning a firearm, the prize is forfeited. There will be no substitution.
- Proper identification must be presented to claim prize. Winners will be asked to fill out a Winner’s Affidavit and Release.
- All entry blanks, forms devices and materials, as well as all the information contained on or within, gathered during the course of entry, shall become the sole property of the station or the appropriate contest sponsor to be used, disposed of or destroyed at the discretion of the sponsor.
- All entrants and winners agree that New South Radio, Inc., dba The Radio People WJXN (100.9 The Legend) and WUSJ (US96.3) and the sponsors may broadcast or publish or post on the internet their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including their picture, voice (recorded or live), for any reason the sponsor deems necessary without compensation. All entrants further agree to hold the station and/or sponsors harmless and without liability for such publication, broadcast or use.
- The sponsors reserve the right to end a contest at any time without any advance notice to the public.
- The station/sponsors reserve the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
- Violations of any of these rules or attempts to win any contest by fraud, deception, or cheating shall be grounds for the contest station/sponsors to disqualify the individual from participating in all current and future contests and events at the sole discretion of the station/sponsors, as well as forfeiture of any prize of prizes won by fraudulent means. Station/sponsors reserve the right to administer a polygraph to any entrant.
- All entry forms must be completely and legibly filled out or the entry form could be disqualified.
- Station/sponsors reserve the right to amend the rules of the contest as they deem fit and in the interest of the contest.
- In all instances, decisions of the station/sponsors are final.
- All completed scoring sheets for entrants 21 years or older will be entered to win random prizes at the Big Buck Bounty Finale tentatively scheduled for March 25, 2017. Entrants must be present to win at the event. The person conducting the contest will determine all winners, and their decision shall be final. WJXN (100.9 The Legend) and WUSJ (US96.3) and station/sponsors are not responsible for any human error which may occur in the drawing process.